Wednesday 2 November 2011

What's Next?

The Mountain Shadow by Gregory David Roberts. Pub 31/05/2012 (according to Waterstones but on amazon it sites it as 2013). Having mentioned Shantaram in my last post I remembered that the sequel was supposed to be out about now. Clearly it has been postponed. There isn't even an image available of the book cover yet. Regardless, I am looking forward to it. Despite some flaws I very much enjoyed the first one and I think by the time the second one comes out I will be ready to read another huge volume by this author. I am extremely curious as to what happens next.

The Song of the Quarkbeast by Jasper Fforde. Pub 10.11.2011 (although it looks like it's out now as it's available to order rather than pre-order). The is the second book in a children's series by one of my favourite authors. The first book was called "The Last Dragonslayer" and it was fantastic. Extremely funny and well written. Actually reminded me a little of John Connolly's writing style in his children's books. For me that was just a sign that Jasper Fforde was made for writing them.





Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James. Pub 3.11.2010. It was actually seeing this book whilst browsing online that made me want to do another What's Next post. I have never read anything by this author before although my mum used to be a big fan. I do have one on my tr list because it's dystopian. However, you can imagine that it was the title that caught my eye. If you haven't guessed it, it's a murder story involving the characters of Pride and Prejudice. It takes place a few years after the original book. Lydia turns up the door of her sisters and claims that her husband has been murdered. How could I not be intrigued by that?

Does anyone else have news of books soon to be released that they are looking forward to?

5 comments:

  1. Jasper Fforde wrote a children's series?? *adds to list* That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yep. The first one was pretty good. Came out earlier in the year (or possible the end of last year). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Death Comes to Pemberley sounds intriguing. I'd love to know what you think of it once you've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize Shantaram has a sequel coming! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Song of the Quarkebeast," what an awesome title! I'll have to read it now. Found you on the blog hop and I'm following!

    http:\\elizabethbaxter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete