Saturday 21 April 2012

Readathon: Post 2



Hour 7 After a small break for dinner (I had Nachos) I finished my first book of 324 pages. I am now 20 pages into my second book The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Bring it on Poirot! No snacks as I am still full.

Hour 9 I'm 160 pages into The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. I love Poirot but somehow this one isn't the same without Hastings. Having said that his current sidekick is a little bit brighter. Haven't taken part in any mini challenges as yet although there are a number of good ones out there. Too busy reading.

Hour 11 270 pages into the book. Read in the bath for a little while. Still enjoying the book.

6 comments:

  1. Ohh right, you live in the future, so dinner.

    I confess to not having read any Agatha Christie yet. The only mysteries I've really gotten into are Lord Peter Wimsey.

    Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think we are something like 5 hours ahead? It is now 10.15pm here.

      I love Christie. Not such a fan of Miss Marple because she is more like a nosy old bat but love Poirot. He's not so nosy since it's his job. Haven't read any of the Lord Peter Wimsey although always meant to. Will one day.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I read Agatha Christie a very long time ago, so I can't remember the books. Hope you're start to enjoy the book a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. I am enjoying it. Just missing Hastings since I liked to laugh at him.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the Poirot TV series ... I always watch it with my mum. Should probably try to get around actually reading the books it based on.

    Keep up the good reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Poirot series too. Apparently there are only a few more books left for them to televise. In my head David Suchet is Poirot.

      Thank you.

      Delete