I actually don't want to meet my favourite authors. I fear disappointment and that they will turn out to be completely different. Still, I have met some authors who became favourites. They were so lovely in person I tried their books and loved them (John Connolly is an example).
1. Haruki Murakami. I actually don't think he will disappoint. He comes across as quite shy and retiring. Hates to be the centre of attention. This is the sense I get from rare interviews. I think this would come across in person. I would love to talk about his books with him.
2. Jane Austen. I bet the humour that came across in her writing would also come across in person. I think she would have been fun to meet. Despite having read all her books I actually know very little about this author personally so it would be interesting too.
3. Jasper Fforde. I have actually met him and embarrassed myself by running away. I remember it amused him but he did come across as lovely. If anything I need to redeem myself.
4. Derek Landy. The man who wrote some of the funniest teen books I have ever read. I would love to meet the creator of Skulduggery.
5. Stephen Fry. He does count since I have read his autobiographies and have one of his works of fiction on my shelf (still to read it mind you). My favourite celebrity.
6. Stephen King. His books meant so much to me growing up and I still enjoy them now. Would love to talk to him about my favourites.
7. Neil Gaiman. I have heard a horror story about someone who met this author. I actually don't trust this persons accuracy and so would love to meet him for himself. Plus, he is into so many different things he could never be boring.
8. Douglas Coupland. Mainly because he is the first contemporary fiction writer I could list on under favourite author. I still love his work.
9. Margaret Atwood. Another talented Canadian. I actually read her book of essays. She has lots of interesting views on other books. Would love to know if she has read some of my favourites.
10. Susannah Clarke. Actually I really just want to know if she is planning on more books and will it be linked to the Mr Norrell universe.