June already? Really? This year is going far too fast for my liking. See what happens when you are busy and enjoying it.
Despite essays and placement and uni work I have had an amazing reading month. Without the aid of a readathon I have managed to read the same number of books this month as I did last. I'm actually impressed with myself but to be honest I think it comes down to waiting on the train home. Anyway, it has been a good month although I am so very far behind my reviews. A few of them are for challenges otherwise I would do them all on a mini review post. Here is my list of books.
1. The Sense of An Ending - Julian Barnes
2. Martin Misunderstood - Karin Slaughter
3. Preacher: Gone to Texas - Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon
4. Blindsighted - Karin Slaughter
5. Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
6. House Rules - Jodi Picoult
7. Cities In Flight - James Blish
8. The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson
9. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Slacks - Rebecca Skloot
10. The Sisters Brothers - Patrick DeWitt
11. Virals - Kathy Reichs.
My favourite book of the month is probably the only non-fiction which is The Immortal Life of Henrietta Slacks. I'm not going to say too much about it as I have still to review it. It's closely followed the the Julian Barnes and the Patrick DeWitt. I also loved my only re-read which was the Jekyll and Hyde. Least favourite was Martin Misunderstood which was just a very bad novella. This was closely followed by Virals which I have still to review.
Other than that I haven't anything else planned. I am just going to see what I am in the mood for. That's what I did in May and it worked well. Anyone got anything exciting lined up for this month?