Sunday 16 September 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a book meme hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. A great way for readers to share their reading week.

This will be two weeks in once since I didn't take part last week. I will get into a routine of posting every week again. However, on the plus side I have since then caught up with all of my book reviews. Oh, I didn't have any actual finishes last week. The finished books are really from the week before.

In the last two weeks I read;


The Crucible by Arthur Miller. I read this for the drama/poetry category of the Mixing It Up challenge. I loved everything about this book. A fantastic read!


The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton. This was my choice for the sci fi challenge. It's been lying in my tbr pile since it came out in paperback (oops). I very much enjoyed it though. Highly recommend Hamilton to any sci fi fan (but if new to the author I wouldn't start with this one).

Just now I am reading;


The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch. This is what's slowing my reading down. I enjoy it when I am reading it but when I put it down and think about it I really don't want to go back to that horrible main character. I will finish it though as, like I said, I enjoy it when I am reading it.


Moranthology by Caitlin Moran. This arrived on my door matt on Saturday and it's for this reason that The Sea, The Sea has been briefly set aside. If you are a Scot (or know one) you will know what it means when we say we couldn't hold our water. Basically I couldn't wait to pick it up and start reading and I didn't. Proving to be a funny and quick read and this is my choice for the humour/journalism category of the Mixing It Up challenge.

Next I plan to read;


The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I love Sherlock. I know this book isn't going to let me down and is going to pages filled with wonderfulness.

What have you been reading? Anything you picked up now because you couldn't wait?

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading The Crucible at school.

    Enjoy your reads this week,
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge Sherlock Homes fan too! I haven't read The Memoirs yet though, so it's going on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me to choose a few more challenging books! Good for you.

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading? I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - loved the Crucible. I read it when I was a senior and I just loved debating it and talking about it with my College English class. :) Thanks for the great memories!

    Have a wonderful reading week :)
    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, looking forward to your review of The Sea, The Sea, even if it may take a while :) Is it just the main character or the feel of the book?

    This week I'll be reading so much course work I won't have time to visit my friends! Not that I'm bitter or anything...

    ReplyDelete