Monday 27 February 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This is a fun book meme by Sheila of Book Journey. It's a great way for book bloggers to share their reading week.

This is really two weeks worth of reading as I didn't join in last week. It was a very busy week and I'm just glad that it's now over. As a result though my two weeks of reading I probably could have fit into one any other time. I've also only reviewed one book but I will catch up with that this evening.

In the last two weeks I read;


Dreamcatcher by Stephen King. Not the best King book in the world but I still enjoyed it for the most part. One or two of my favourite things about this author were still in there.


Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs. I finally went back to reading these in the correct order (stupid boxset listing them wrong). I love Reichs even though there are so many things about her books that should annoy me. Exactly what I was needing when I was stressed.


Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs. Again this is just what I was needing. A book I can enjoy without thinking too much.

Just now I am reading;

The Book of Dave by Will Self. I actually started reading this a few weeks ago and read those Kathy Reichs books in between. The mood I was in I really needed something I didn't have to think about and this wasn't it. It took me some time to get into it because of this. I am loving it now though which I am glad as I have yet to meet a dystopian I didn't like.

Next I plan to read;


The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. I plan on reading this for the classics challenge. I actually began reading it about three years ago. Was loving it but because of work I put it down and for some strange reason never picked it up again. Going to start from the beginning and I am looking forward to it.

So that's been my last two weeks. Not much going on. How has your reading week been? Anything exciting to share?

14 comments:

  1. The Three Musketeers is a book I want to read sometime. Sounds like a lot of fun. It's just a bit big, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is big. Seem bigger because it has such small print too. Worth it though.

      Delete
  2. Three Musketeers is an amazing read. I read it for the first time a year ago and it was filled with humor and action and adventure. (And, of course, Paris!)

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    I'd love to have you stop by.

    And I hope you'll also enter the Readerbuzz February Giveaway! You could win All Kinds of Kisses or Paris to the Past or a $25 Amazon giftcard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it so far. I seem to love adventure stories which is new to me.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've read that Stephen King book. Love that cover! Enjoy your reads, and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the very few I hadn't read until now. Glad I read it but certainly no where near his best.

      Delete
  4. I wish I had more time to re-read books, I loved the early Brennan ones but they've just gone so downhill recently. I don't even learn any new medical words from them any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to re-read books too. Every time I see someone has read a book I've loved I get a little jealous. I am actually recognising a lot from my physio classes. I'm sure they will get boring eventually. These things usually do.

      Delete
  5. Three Musketeers is a fantastic book.

    Those are probably two of my favorite of Reichs's books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I am still kicking myself for putting it down the first time.

      Delete
  6. I have a bunch of Kathy Reichs books on my TBR.

    My daughter's Scholastic book order came in. Come see what she and I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were sitting on my pile for a while too.

      Delete
  7. Love the covers for the Kathy Reichs books! I may have to add her stuff to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these might be old covers. Definitely British editions anyway. I got them in a set.

      Delete