Sunday 12 June 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading!

It's Monday is a book meme by Sheila over at Book Journey.

I am sorry that things have been a little quiet around here. Not just on here but I haven't been able to visit everyones blogs as much as I would like. Things have been hectic and it doesn't look like it's going to lighten up any time soon. I will still do my best to visit you all at some point during the week. You may find though that I am not taking part in quite as many book memes as I used to.

What I read last week;
A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (I did like it but felt it could have had quite a bit cut out).


The Help - Kathryn Stockett (loved it).

What I am reading now;
Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (as part of a readalong and books I should have read challenge. Very much enjoying this. The last few chapters have made me laugh quite a bit).


Hard Times by Charles Dickens (as part of books I should have read challenge. Only a few pages in.)

What I plan on reading next;
Exit Ghost by Philip Roth (as part of the books I should have read challenge. The copy I have is actually a publishers proof which shows how long it's been sitting there).

6 comments:

  1. Lovely reads!

    Here's our by addictedToV

    Please also check out our New Feature:
    A Week Long Guest Post here talking about SciFi Book Genre

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Help has moved to the top of my TBR pile. I need to read it before I see the movie!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Help, one of the best books I read last year!


    http://quixoticmagpie.blogspot.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have A Fine Balance on my TBR and The Help on my wishlist.

    I celebrated 24 years of keeping a book diary. The flu kept me from reading at my usually insane pace but I did finish some books. Come see what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 24 years is impressive. I started mine two Christmas's ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I think The Help had to be one of my favorite reads of the year last year!

    ReplyDelete