Saturday 13 October 2012
Read-A-Thon Update Post
Like April I am going to update by editing the same post. Unlike April I'm not going to interrupt those posts with reviews. Will leave those until next week. I'm also starting two hours early. Mainly because I am bored just now and can't think of anything to do. Also it means tomorrow I can have a power nap and get back to studying.
Hour4: I know it's going on to hour 2 for everyone else. I am about halfway through A Patchwork Planet. Very much enjoying it. I am actually going to take some time out to go snack shopping. That should bring me up to almost the same time as everyone else. Should have done that instead of starting earlier but I forgot all about snacks. When I come back I'll do the introductory questionnaire.
1. I am reading in Glasgow, Scotland. It's cold and wet today so quite glad I will be spending it reading.
2. The book I am most looking forward to is the one I am reading just now. Although I am also looking forward to the Skulduggery book I have lined up.
3. Snack I am most looking forward to - a cheeky wee glass of wine! Does that count as a snack? If not then humus and pitta bread.
4. Hmm, I don't think there is anything about me that I haven't mentioned here before. I'm a student nurse taking a weekend out of studying to read (should really be studying for my exams).
5. I think this year if I need to have a nap I will. Last year I felt to guilty to do it because I was fundraising. I still am but I don't think I can go through those last few painful hours again (and follow it up with some studying). I'm basically just looking forward to some non-pahtophysiology related reading.
This is my readathon mascot. Wee Sis made this for me ages ago and suggested that I sit him by me for luck, so that's what I've done!
Hour 8: Just about to enter hour 8 and I have only read a further 86 pages which means I am sitting at 374. I did have hour 7 interrupted with dinner which was my mums home made chili. So tasty! I now have my Garden Sweet Pea yankee candle lit (a gift from my sister). I am now dressed in my jammies and I think I will have that cheeky glass of wine.
Hour 10: Picked up the pace a bit and I'm almost halfway through book two. Sitting at page 210 which means I've read 498 pages so far. Time for some tea I think.
Hour 12: At page 390 and not far from finishing. Had umpteen cups of tea but still feeling tired. So have moved onto the diet coke. I am thinking that as soon as I start book 3 I will start a new update post.