Goodbye readathon, it has been fun. I managed a total of 19hours reading with a few internet distractions (all readathon related). Not to bad for my first time. I also read four of my five books. I read a total of 1377 pages. I imagine I might have read that last book had I managed that extra five hours in the middle, maybe.
Things I learned;
* I do need a wee nap to break it up otherwise headaches will haunt me
* Poirot rocks
* facewipes and tea help
* I am over YA paranormal romance books.
* Readers make great people.
* check bread is okay beforehand
* more savory snacks than sweet.
* go with gut book wise. Really wanted to finish a history book I was reading for the end but instead read a book form my pile that I didn't enjoy in the end.
I am sure there are more but that's all I remember for now. It is 1pm and it feels like early hours of the morning. I will stay up though as I won't sleep tonight otherwise. More importantly I had fun doing this and I got to see some really cool blogs I might have missed out on otherwise.
I am not going to give a full review of the last book "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater. I think it's safe to say I didn't enjoy it. There was nothing wrong with the writing I just found it very boring. Yet another hint that maybe I should stop reading YA books (I know that won't happen though). There was nothing original about it. Boy is a werewolf and in love with a girl who isn't. A little bit more to it than that but not much more. I won't be reading the rest in the series.
Definitely going to take part in this again. I know a number of friends who might be interested too and if I can get my act together organising it then maybe we could raise some money for charity.
Big thanks to everyone who cheered me on. I did appreciate it.