Sunday 1 April 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday is a book meme by Sheila of Book Journey. It a way for book blogger to share their reading week.

Again just the one book for me this week. It was a non-fiction book so I am a little surprised that I did get it finished.

This week I read;


Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir. This was for the History category in the Mixing It Up challenge. I have still to review it so won't say too much. It was good although not the best history book I have ever read.

Just now I am reading;


Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway. I am reading this at home as it's a fairly large hardback. Loving it so far and it's very different to his previous book.


The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I am reading this for the League of Extraordinary Gentleman challenge. This is a re-read for me. I love this book. Everyone should read this at some point in their lives. Will probably finish it today.

Next up is;


The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. I picked this for the classics challenge since I am reading Tom Sawyer just now. Sadly I have never read Twain's probably most popular book. Will be fixing that this week hopefully.


Empire State by Adam Christopher. This is for the sci fi challenge. I have been wanting to read it since I saw it reviewed in SFX. I can't remember the details of it and it's too far away just now to pick up and glance over the back. From my vague recollection it's an alternate universe with superheroes and the Empire State is central to the story. Looking forward to it.

Last week I signed up for Dewey's Read-a-thon too. You can sign up here if you want to take part. I will try to post my reading list for it this week. If I can finally make up my mind.

How has your reading week been. What's your favourite book from March?

10 comments:

  1. I love the wonderful variety of books you are reading. Wow!

    Ciao!

    Here's It's Monday! What Are You Reading?! Please stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly keeps things interesting, lol.

      Delete
  2. Eleanor of Acquitane sounds like something I'd like. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite interesting. Worth a read if you like royal history.

      Delete
  3. Love the covers for Angelmaker and Empire State. I hope the books are as good as the covers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the covers too. The Empire State is an angry robot publication. They tend to have some great sci fi covers.

      Delete
  4. I'm a Mark Twain fan. Huckleberry Finn is my least favorite, but it does make a decent sequel to Tom Sawyer. I think you'll get more out of it reading it as you are, than if you had picked it up to read by itself.

    My favorite read this week was Stuck on Earth by David Class. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will enjoy it anyway. I always planned to read them in order. Looking forward to it. I don't know Stuck on Earth. Interesting title though.

      Delete
  5. Yet again, I love those Vintage covers. Empire State is on my wishlist even though I can't remember anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I am honest I don't really remember much about the review. I know it's an alternate world involving superheroes and the Empire State. Should be interesting.

      Delete