Saturday 21 April 2012
Readathon: Post 4
Hour 19 Have to confess it was touch and go there as to whether or not I would stay awake. Got my mojo back although my reading has slowed to a snails pace. Managed just 54 pages of Doris Lessing's The Grass Is Singing. The good news is that I have breached the 1000 page mark. Now at page 1021. Oh, and that was my treat from earlier. Very messy and very tasty.
Hour 21 Just four hours left and I have read 100 pages. I think I am past the worst and will make it to the end now. Not particularly enjoying this book although it's not the worst in the world.
Hour 22 No more reviews. I can't do it any more. My brain is frazzled and it's all I can do to follow the next book. Started reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. Wasn't on my original book list because I have read them all, woo hoo! I picked this one because I have heard good things and because it's a library book that only has a two week loan (due to popularity I assume). Only 8 pages in. So far I have read four books and a total of 1180 pages.
Hour 24 And just one last hour left. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it at one point. Here is my questionnaire answers
1. hours 17-19 were the most daunting. At one point I didn't think I was going to manage it.
2. It's all really down to everyone's taste but I think easy reads and short ones are the way to go. The Doris Lessing book was the poorest choice for me. The others I have enjoyed.
3. Liked the readathon just the way it was
4. The cheers worked for me. It was nice that we all kept each other going.
5. I have read a total of four books and possibly one half by the time I get to the end of this hour
6. I read;
The Doctor Will See You Now
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Darkly Dreaming Dexter
The Grass Is Singing
7. The Agatha Christie was my favourite
8. Doris Lessing was my least favourite but I did struggle then and it was probably not my best choice.
10. Yes, I would like to take part again although I didn't realise how difficult the full 24 hours was. Might not look for sponsorship as then I won't feel guilty if I take a nap (which I didn't this time and I am feeling it).