Saturday 9 April 2011

I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore


Number Four is an alien hiding on earth. He and eight others like him escaped from his home world after Mogadorians destroyed their world. Only when they come of age will they be able to fight back and get back their home. Until then they are scattered round the Earth with a guardian each. The Mogadorians are hunting them down and must kill them in order. Three are dead and number four is next.


A good premise I thought. Started with number 4 (I am going to call him John from now on) and his guardian Henri on the move again. They find a new town and this time John stops blending in as he has done so many times in the past. This of course brings him unwanted attention. I got a little bored with it in the middle. John decides to stand up to bullies, falls in love and makes friends. Something happens that gets him noticed so Henri wants them to leave. Of course John doesn't. Hardly original at this point.


The inevitable happens and this is where it gets good. Lots of questions are answered and of course there is the fight scene. Lots of questions are also left unanswered just in time for the second book.


I did like it but it wasn't quite as good as I was expecting it to be. If I am honest I preferred the first Percy Jackson book by Rick Riordon. Will still read the sequel as I am dying to get some of those answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment