Saturday 9 April 2011

Readathon #1


So it's the start of the readathon in half an hour. I have my snacks, my diet coke and I am going to begin with "I am Number Four". In terms of updates I am just going to edit this post. Seems easier than having a new blog post every hour. I'll also be on twitter. When/if I finish a book I will post a review and start a new readathon post (which is why I am numbering them).


Some questions from Dewey's Read-a-thon


1)Where are you reading from today? My bedroom. Will possibly move to the kitchen and then living room at some point.

2)Three random facts about me… I am a knitter, sci fi fan and wish I was tallker

3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? 5 but doubtful as to how much I will finish

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? Not really but if I manage it then I plan on doing it for charity next time.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? I'm a newbie and so far have got lots of good advice from veterans.


Hour3 - About 1/3 of the way through my book. Enjoying it so far but am easily distracted by the internet, lol. Think for the rest of hour three I am going to make some tea and move to sit in the kitchen (laptop, mobil and iPad staying up here).


Hour5 - Think I may finish the book this hour!

11 comments:

  1. I have 5 books in my To Read pile as well! It seems a good number, though like you I doubt I'll finish all of them. It's an accomplishment just to finish one in a day!

    Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reading luck to you!

    My TBR pile is way out of control and I'll probably just pick books randomly.

    Oh, and Glasgow is a place I've always wanted to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on I Heart Monster's "Where In The World Are You Reading?" map and just had to stop in to offer encouragement! Looks like you're off to a great start. Good luck, good reading, and have fun! Time will go much faster than you think.

    Best wishes,
    Nolatari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. Good luck to all of you too.

    Glasgow is a lovely city. Love living here. Sun is out today so looks especially nice.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great day reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on the map :) How are you liking I Am Number Four? I really want to read it before seeing the movie.
    I'd love to visit Glasgow, my dream holiday is to just travel around England for a few weeks.
    I'm also glad to have found someone on approximately the same time frame as I am: I'm in Holland.
    Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.

    I Am Number Four is good so far. I've been told it's nothing like the film. A friend was very disappointed when she went to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep on going!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 10 in my pile but only hope to finish 3. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete