Thursday 3 November 2011

Booking Through Thursday - Challenging/Light


Booking through Thursday is a fun book meme. Every week someone asks a book related question. This weeks question is;

All other thing being equal, would you rather read a book that’s hard/challenging/rewarding or light/enjoyable/easy?


My preference completely depends on the mood that I'm in. I have went through phases of reading only light books and I get bored of them very quickly. I either get bored of the type of book I am reading or the author or the series. It happened when I read nothing but YA for about a year or so. In the end I missed the challenging books and I am very rarely able to face picking up a YA. Same with the supernatural books. I over-killed with both. I've discovered I need to be challenged now and then to keep me interested. I love to be challenged by new authors and for that reason I love discovering new ones. It's why I like visiting other blogs so much. I also started the classics a month as a challenge. Something I am very much enjoying. I still like a light read. It's great during times of stress or when you are too busy to concentrate. Sometimes I am just in the mood to be entertained without putting much effort into it.

So to answer the question I love both and me preference for one over the other depends on what mood I am in.

6 comments:

  1. I think my answer is similar to yours. :)

    Here’s my Booking Through Thursday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely switch the type of books I read. Like you, too much of anything and I get burnt out. The 'hardness' of a book is more of a mood thing, but genres I change between frequently.

    My BTT is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alternating hard and light is a good way of avoiding style-over-read. Mood and activity have a lot to do with it...

    Here's my Booking Through Thursday ~ House Millar series

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not so easy to make that simple a division.
    http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-throughto-centre-of-earth-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does depend on the mood your in, I agree.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely am the same way. I need to read something that fits my mood!

    ReplyDelete